Safer Spaces,
Safer People

Furniture that helps you fight infection in healthcare spaces.

Furniture that helps you fight infection

Browse our HTM63 and HTM71 furniture systems or take a look at our standard rooms.

About Us

Learn more about Hygenius, who we are and how we work.

Contact us

Sustainability Policy

We aim to follow and to promote good sustainability practice, to reduce the environmental impacts of all our activities, support our community and help our clients and partners to do the same.

Hygenius have set a long term Net Zero target to reduce baseline (2023) Scope 1, 2, and a subset of Scope 3* GHG emissions 90% by 2050, and neutralise the remaining 10%

For 2023, our baseline year, our scope 1 GHG emissions were 20.4 tCO2e, our scope 2 GHG emissions were 70.4 tCO2e, and a subset of Scope 3* GHG emissions were 323 tCO2e.

Our Objective

  • To integrate sustainability considerations into our business decisions
  • To minimise our environmental impact through:
    • Utilisation of FSC timber  (FSC® certified products available on request)
    • Reducing waste, Reusing materials and Recycling whether on location or at our premises
    • Ensuring that environmental factors are considered in our procurement strategy
    • Effective management of goods and labour logistics for projects
    • To give back into the community through local and national charities and other acts as we believe beneficial
    • To make investments into improving how we work to minimise the impact on our environment, support the local community and its economy.
    • To consider the opportunities for renewable energies as a power source
    • To source local suppliers when appropriate
    • To educate our employees in a culture of Sustainability

Practical Steps

To achieve our objectives we will actively seek to implement the following opportunities and any others which may arise during our sustainability considerations.
1) Management of all logistics to ensure maximum efficiency in any transportation requirements whether products or labour
2) To maximize the opportunities to use accommodation to reduce emissions through travel, and to support local businesses when doing so.
3) Effective application of the reduce, reuse recycle principles in all our business considerations
4) To consider environmental factors when undertaking procurement decisions
5) To maintain ISO14001 accreditation
6) To actively recruit from the local community when looking for increases to our labour team
7) To undertake consideration of all renewable energy opportunities
8) To ensure the most energy efficient lighting is in place at our premises
9) To educate our team in the positive steps which can be taken in sustainability both in the workplace and at home
10) To actively participate in local charities
11) To provide funding to a variety of charities
12) To ensure our timber requirements are meet through FSC sources
13) To manage our office supplies to focus on reduce, reuse and recycle
14) To maintain green spaces for employee well being

Our Sustainability Framework

*Scope 3 categories currently included in this target comprise: upstream transportation and distribution, waste generated in operations, business travel, employee commuting, downstream transportation and distribution, and this may be expanded in the future

Richard Thomas | Managing Director | 08.02.23